In houses with forced-air heating and cooling systems, ducts are used to distribute conditioned air throughout the house. In a typical house, however, about 20 percent of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes, and poorly connected ducts. The result is higher utility bills and difficulty keeping the house comfortable, no matter how the thermostat is set.
How do you know that your home has poorly performing ducts?
• You have high summer and winter utility bills;
• You have rooms that are difficult to heat and cool;
• You have stuffy rooms that never seem to feel comfortable;
• Your ducts are located in an unconditioned space, such as an attic, crawlspace, or the garage;
• You find tangled or kinked flexible ducts in your system.
Benefits of Duct Sealing
A duct system that is well-designed and properly sealed can make your home more comfortable, energy efficient, and safer. This saves you money and allows your HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) System to operate the way it was intended to. Each HVAC component is specifically sized and designed for the specific space it will be conditioning. A leaky duct system will make the HVAC system work harder and more often to condition the space, resulting in more energy being used, increasing utility bills.
DUCTZ will assess your air ducts and determine whether a duct sealing service is appropriate for you.