October is considered to be Fire Prevention Month, but Fire Prevention Week is October 9-15, 2022.
DUCTZ seeks to support families and communities in celebrating Fire Prevention Week each year. Making sure families and homes are safe from fire hazards is one approach, but being proactive with your family is the best way to prevent a fire in your home. How can you adopt fire safety in your home?
Keep your family safe with these Fire Prevention Best Practices:
- Change the batteries in your smoke detectors
- Test your smoke detectors
- Ensure there is a smoke detector on each floor of your home and in sleeping areas
- Check your fire extinguishers
- Visit your local fire station
- Have a fire escape plan with 2 ways to escape the home
- Practice the your fire escape plan – have a safe place to meet within sight of the house
- Schedule your Annual Dryer Vent Cleaning with DUCTZ to prevent a potential dryer fire.
Dryer Fires are one of the most common causes of home fires. What are the warning signs that dangerous lint buildup is occurring in your dryer and venting system?
- Clothes take longer and longer to dry
- Clothes aren’t fully dry after the cycle is complete
- Clothes are hotter than normal at the end of the drying cycle
- The outside of the dryer gets very hot
- The outside exhaust vent flapper does not open very much, indicating low exhaust velocity
- Laundry room becomes more humid than usual
- A burnt smell is evident in the laundry room
To clean the lint trap, first, remove the lint trap filter from the dryer and clean it. This must be done before or after each use of the dryer. Also, vacuum the lint trap housing cavity monthly.
DUCTZ is an international franchise system adhering to the highest industry standards to ensure that our customers benefit from the best Air Duct Cleaning, HVAC Restoration, Coil Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning and Exhaust Cleaning in the industry.
TRUST IN THE DUCTZ PROMISE TO OUR CUSTOMERS:
- We never use the “too good to be true coupons”
- DUCTZ adheres to strict standards put forth by the EPA, NADCA and ACCA
- DUCTZ provides a Picture Perfect Report on each job, a compilation of before and after photos of each project