Filtering the Air to your HVAC System is Very Important
At DUCTZ, we pride ourselves on providing high-quality indoor air system cleaning to families across the country. Not only do our residential air filter upgrade services keep your HVAC system in optimal condition, they also improve the quality of the air you breathe inside your home.
Indoor Air Quality Upgrades
Air filters on your HVAC system range from simple 1” fiberglass filters to wide media filters to HEPA filters and even electrostatically charged filters. Beyond particles, some filters even remove odors and bacteria from entering your heating, ventilation and air conditioning system.
Filters are important to change often as recommended per the filter specifications.
- 1” paper or fiberglass filters should be changed monthly or certainly every 3 months
- 4” filters should be changed every 6 months
- 5” filters or filter media should be changed every 12 months
A filter should be changed if it is visibly dirty—and most definitely if you cannot see the filter media because of the debris. Filters should also be checked or changed if there is a burning smell while the heat is on. A clogged filter will put a lot of unnecessary pressure on your system to work harder and will increase your maintenance and utility costs.
Every home HVAC system is different. More frequent filter changes are necessary if:
- There are furry pets living in the home
- Windows and doors are open often
- There are environmental impacts on the space (such as living on or near a dirt road or in the desert)
- Occupants suffer from asthma or allergies
- There is smoking in the home
- A fireplace or wood-burning stove is used in the space
Filtered air protects the HVAC system by reducing the dirt, lint, and debris that circulates within the system and over the components. Filtered air also protects occupants and the contents in the home from unnecessary dust and asthma and allergy triggers.
Should you have questions regarding your filtration system, contact your local DUCTZ and they will guide you to a better filtration solution for your home.
For more information, visit our Residential Indoor Air Quality services page.
Call DUCTZ now at(877) 382-8987 for residential air filter upgrades.
Request A Quote Or Service Today
What Our Customers Say
John Falvey, franchise owner of DUCTZ of Long Island in Farmingdale, NY was announced as the DUCTZ 2021 Annual “FRANCHISEE…Read More