“Why is my home dustier than usual?”
The increased level of activity in the home during a pandemic means more movement, more people and more dust! The average family produces 40 lbs. of dust per year! Read that again…40 lbs.!
What is dust made of? How can we reduce the dust in our home?
Why is my home so dusty? There are so many factors, including:
- Home are dustier during the heating season
- Spending more time at home creates dust and dirt
- Pets create a dustier environment
- Opening windows to increase ventilation increases the particle load (dust)
- Decorations inhibit dust
- Indoor cooking increases particles and dust
- Cleaning – while alleviating dust and dirt, cleaning also stirs up dust
Dust: what is dust made of?
- Dead skin – 80% of dust is dried skin flakes
- paper fiber
- carpet and textile fiber
- dried saliva
- mold spores
How do I decrease the dust in my home?
- Keep your home at a humidity level less than 55% – run your air conditioner or de-humidifier
- Vacuum often or daily and empty the vacuum container outdoors
- Don’t wear shoes in the house
- Have your carpets cleaned
- Keep pets clean and groomed well
- Bed mattresses should all have mattress pads
- Wash curtains often
- Increase your home’s filtration
- Have your air ducts and exhausts cleaned regularly
- Have your dryer vent cleaned annually
Who should I call to clean my Air Ducts, Exhaust and Dryer Vent?
DUCTZ can assess and clean your Dryer Vents and HVAC systems. Some chores are best left to a professional. DUCTZ is an international franchise system adhering to the highest industry standards to ensure that our customers benefit from the best Air Duct Cleaning, Coil Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning and Exhaust Cleaning in the industry. Don’t believe us, we will prove it!
TRUST IN THE DUCTZ PROMISE TO OUR CUSTOMERS:
– We never use the “too good to be true coupons” or Groupons
– DUCTZ adheres to strict standards put forth by the EPA, NADCA and ASHRAE
– DUCTZ adheres to the EPA’s Post-Cleaning Consumer Checklist for Air Duct Cleaning
– DUCTZ provides a Picture Perfect Report on each job, a compilation of before and after photos of each project
To schedule your Air Duct Cleaning and Dryer Vent Cleaning, visit: www.DUCTZ.com or call (877) 382-8987