Monitoring and tracking the HVAC systems in commercial buildings is important and beneficial because it establishes an early warning system—preventative maintenance means finding problems before they find you. When your HVAC systems are regularly cleaned and maintained and work correctly, the benefits to your equipment and occupants are exceptional:
- Facilities feel more comfortable for staff and customers
- Better air circulation and odor control
- Reduced pollutant levels indoors
- Less wear and tear on system components
- Save money on utility bills and unexpected repairs
Despite these benefits, many commercial buildings still are not adequately managing their HVAC systems, and compromised HVAC systems lead to compromised indoor air quality (IAQ). Insufficiently cleaned and maintained HVAC systems are less efficient, resulting in poor air quality, substantial repairs, or avoidable replacement costs. For example, a missing filter will lead to blower and coil damage and clogged drain pans, which can cause the system to shut down and potentially damage other parts of the property. Other common IAQ issues linked to compromised HVAC systems include:
- Lack of proper air filtration and circulation
- Increased humidity and moisture levels
- Clogged drain lines and full drain pans
- Microbial growth
These IAQ issues and expensive HVAC repairs can be avoided by implementing regular inspections and scheduled cleanings of air ducts, exhaust systems, and all other related HVAC system components. A thorough maintenance plan includes your IAQ team routinely inspecting air handlers, vents, filter banks, coils, and ductwork. These inspections will reveal potential issues before they become problems. Early detection of problems, especially those related to pests or birds that can severely compromise HVAC components, is essential for your system’s health and will ensure the continued health of staff and customers spending time in your building.
Your local DUCTZ can assist with your IAQ Management Plan in your commercial facilities. DUCTZ is an international franchise system adhering to the highest standards to ensure that our customers benefit from the best Air Duct Cleaning, Coil Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning, and Exhaust Cleaning in the industry. We prove it to our customers each day with:
THE DUCTZ PROMISE
- We never use the “too-good-to-be-true” -coupons or deals from discount sites
- DUCTZ adheres to strict standards put forth by the EPA, NADCA, ACCA and ASHRAE
- DUCTZ provides a Picture Perfect Report on each job, a compilation of before and after photos of each project for the customer
To be connected with your local DUCTZ office and schedule an IAQ assessment or estimate, visit our locations page or call (877) 382-8987.
Visit our Commercial Services page to learn more about how DUCTZ can help manage your commercial property’s HVAC systems. You can also click here to get your copy of the DUCTZ Commercial Services Brochure.