AIR QUALITY ALERT! Hazardous air quality levels are impacting millions as effects are felt from the Canada Wildfires. We strongly encourage…Read More
Air Filter Upgrades
At DUCTZ, we pride ourselves on providing high-quality Air Duct Cleaning and HVAC Restoration to commercial property owners. DUCTZ commercial air filter upgrade services keep your HVAC system in optimal condition and improve the quality of the air occupants breathe indoors.
Indoor Air Quality Upgrades
Air filters on your HVAC system range from simple fiberglass 1” filters to wide media filters to HEPA filters and even electrostatically charged filters to remove irritating airborne contaminants. Beyond particles, some filters even remove odors, bacteria, and Volatile Organic Compounds from entering your HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) system.
Filters are important to change often as recommended or per the air handler manufacturer’s specifications. The general rule of thumb for changing your air handler filter is:
- 1” paper or fiberglass filters should be changed monthly or certainly every 3 months
- 2” Commercial Air Filters should be changed every 3-6 months depending on the environment
- 4” filters should be changed every 6 months
- 5” filters or filter media should be changed every 12 months
A filter should be changed if it is visibly dirty—and most definitely if you cannot see the filter media because of the debris. Filters should also be checked or changed if there is a burning smell while the heat is on. A clogged filter will put a lot of unnecessary pressure on your system to work harder and will increase your maintenance and utility costs.
Every commercial HVAC system is different. More frequent filter changes are necessary if:
- Manufacturing is done in the building
- Windows, doors, or a loading dock are often open
- Environmental impacts on the space are present, like exposure to saltwater, dust, oil, or desert climates
- Occupants suffer from headaches, asthma, or allergies
- Smoking occurs in or near the building
- Solid fuel is burned in or near the building
- No proactive filter maintenance program is in place
Filtered air protects the HVAC system by reducing the dirt and debris that circulates within the system and over the components. Filtered air also protects occupants and the contents in the building from unnecessary dust and asthma and allergy triggers.
Should you have questions regarding your filtration system, contact your local DUCTZ and they will guide you to a better filtration solution for your commercial property.
For more information, visit our Commercial Indoor Air Quality services page.
Call DUCTZ now at(877) 382-8987 for commercial air filter upgrades.
Request A Quote Or Service Today
What Our Customers Say
Raouf is making history as he is our first DUCTZ owner that also owns a 1-800 WATER DAMAGE. After nearly…Read More
Spring is taking a little longer to arrive this year for much of the country. As warmer weather approaches and…Read More